Get custom programming done at GetAFreelancer.com!

Google

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Mother Looks Back

May 12, 2001

Where did all the years go? How could they have sneaked so fast? How could my little girl with the beautiful chinky eyes and cute smile be already twenty years old?

Wasn't it only yesterday that I brought a five- year old little girl to school as visitor, when after a few minutes she came out of the room to tell me to go home because I was the only mother waiting in the balcony? Wasn' it only yesterday when I sat in her voice concerts and piano recitals and clapped until my hands ached?

Ah, those wonderful years when she'd entertain me and her papa with her solo concerts at home. I was always there everytime she sang on stage.

It seemed a short time ago that she learned to write her name. Now she writes term papers and e-mails and writes speeches for others.

Gone are the preschool years and high school. A UP Journalism student now, she's almost through with college. Just recently, she was emcee at the local town fiesta and made an impressive performance. A confident young lady I hardly thought she'd turn out to be.

A few years from now, God willing, she'll finish college, find a job like her brothers and sisters, or start her own business the way she wants, the last of my brood. Then I can sit back, smile and relax.

No comments:

TIME: Quote of the Day

Powered By Blogger